Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm Broken.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:8,9

 

The experience that I've had these past two months have honestly been a true roller coaster. 
Instead of coming out stronger, I came out weaker, more vulnerable and more broken. Instead of battling yo yo diets and body image, it actually made it worse. Now before you start to think that this is because of the Maker's Diet, it's not.


It's because I am so unbelievably broken, and God is my only strength. During this time, God showed me deep rooted things about myself that I had been pushing away for so long. I realized that personally, diets only create more of a problem for me and I need to learn to eat in moderation for God without restricting myself to foods that He provided. The Maker's Diet is an amazing diet and I would recommend it to anyone, but it just wasn't for me. It left me craving more things that I had before I started the diet and overeating more than I had. 

This past week is when I truly gave myself over to God and said that only He can fulfill me. And well guess what? He gave me the strength to eat and do for Him. How faithful and amazing He is. Though I do feel as if I'm worse than where I started, I'm worse in a wonderful way. I'm worse in the fact that I know that I'm so broken that I cannot do it without my one and only Jesus Christ who is so faithful and answers prayers. I had friends and family praying for me as well, and I am so appreciative for their support! Through my experience I got achieved one one of my goals, but it was the most important of all. To get closer to God.

I was able to see how weak I really am, but people! God is soooo amazing and will always be there for you. I know one day I will receive complete victory through Him. But it's not my timing, it's His. And when that day comes, I will be a living testimony of how God can change  people's lives.

Thank you for walking with me in this journey. I will continue another Blog..not really about anything in particular. Only what God places on my heart. So continue to join along and follow my Blog: My Heart is His.  

I praise God for His majestic works and for all of you. I will continue to pray for all of you and pray that God will move and touch each and every one of your hearts.

I Surrender <><

No comments:

Post a Comment