Thursday, February 24, 2011

Men see appearance as number ONE insecurity in women.


"I wait quietly on God, my victory comes from Him." Psalm 62:1

Our culture rubs beauty in our face 24/7 through TV, radio, grocery stores, magazines, friends, EVERYTHING. It's no wonder so many have eating disorders, body image problems, insecurities and more!

In Beth Moore's book, "So Long Insecurities," she asks men "What is the most common way you notice insecurity in women?" Guess what the answer was!? 

The majority said that women are most insecure in the area of APPEARANCE! 

And girls are sooo obvious about their insecurities when it comes to appearance. Have you ever talked to someone and watched them look you up and down, checking out your outfit, hair, etc. I have seen it numerous times, and it's so funny because girls do it without even realizing it. And even guys realize that we do it!

Here's one of the guys responses when asked about woman's insecurities:

"Most obvious is when women are around other women they try to size each other up and look for reasons to not get along rather than to get along. They seem easily intimidated, whether by physical beauty, character status, or whatever makes them feel that the other woman has more going for her,and a barrier goes up" (Moore, 231).

Another thing I've noticed that girls do and, I've caught myself doing this as well, is when girls are in a group and one of the girls is getting complimented, the others (in the back of their minds) start to compare themselves and wonder why they aren't getting complimented as well. 

We should instead look at the girl getting the compliment and see her beautiful God given characteristics as a blessing, but also value ourselves the same. So we need to pray to STOP comparing ourselves and instead compare ourselves to Christ. 

We obviously will not be anything near His flawless perfection, but are called to be imitators of Christ to advance His kingdom and take as many people to heaven with us as possible. Beauty is temporary, but God given beauty, the joy that you see in someone when they are so in love with God, is eternal beauty. Let's all strive for eternal beauty!


"The Creator of heaven and earth assigned us dignity and immeasurable value, and only when we finally accept those inalienable truths will we discover authentic security" (Moore, 238).

So what are you waiting for??? 
Give it to God, and He will take care of the rest :)

As for a Maker's Diet update. 

This week has had its ups and downs, but I saw the power and self-control that God gave me when I fully relied on Him. When I prayed and read His word, it was easy. When I was distracted, that is when I found it to be difficult. 

Planning is key to this diet. Since campus is limited on foods that I can eat, I've definitely been trying new recipes and cooking more, which is good because I need to start learning how to cook more things! The only downside is it's time consuming.

Another thing I realized was I know exactly why American's have such a high obesity rate. It's because it's so hard to find non processed, organic foods, that aren't expensive! It's close to impossible sometimes! But I'm managing :)

I will admit that my weakness was and is almonds and almond butter. I need to pray and have more self-control when it comes to those two things because I'm using them as my 'snack' and to satisfy my cravings just a little too much. 

I also found out that JAVA city has Organic Indonesian Dragon coffee which is the only other thing I can drink besides water. Sooo I'm trying to acquire the taste of BLACK COFFEE (blahh) when I need a little pick me up for class. 

So 4 days down and 36 days to go!! 

<>< I Surrender
God give me strength these next 36 days/the rest of my life to eat in moderation, have self-control and NUMBER ONE get closer to you and find my value and beauty in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment