Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Revelation from God

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth." Psalm 139: 13-15

I walked into Intevarsity's Woman's Conference, on February 19, 2011, knowing that our speaker, Janelle Rardon, would be speaking about "A Divine Invitation: Hearing God's call for your life." I thought, 'wow, this is perfect, especially since I'll be graduating in May.' I expected God to really show me my call for my life. Instead I learned that God's call is a "divine invitation to embrace the salvation of God." His calling is not our works; those are our gifts. It is amazing to know that God will use my gifts and talents to embrace His calling for my life, to embrace the salvation of God and do everything to glorify His name. Little did I know that God would give me a revelation...

Though I did learn about God's calling for my life, what I didn't expect was God to reveal an area in my life where I have been broken (more like shattered) for 9 years now. He showed me that I find value and confidence in my outward appearance more than I find value in the way God sees me. WOW. Let me just tell you this may seem simple, but I didn't realize the extent to which it holds me in bondage and restricts me from having the joy to be a light and follow Jesus Christ. 

There was a moment in the conference where we could pray silently, and there were people around the room that we could go to that would pray with us.  God just kept laying on my heart how much He wants me to find my value in Him, instead of culture's standards and others affirmations about me. During this time of prayer, I was brought to tears because of this revelation! I mean 9 years! And I'm just now seeing this...but God's perfect timing is truly amazing. A friend of mine, Helen Crane, prayed over me. Through my tears and her prayers, God showed me my brokenness and how I CANNOT DO IT WITHOUT HIM. The peace I felt after that prayer was indescribable. 

So yes, while the goals that I want out of the Maker's Diet are still true, it is now so so much more. Yesterday was a turning point in my life and now the healing begins. Not only do I want to honor God with my body, but I am ready for Him to heal me from my value in beauty and outward appearance. Now I can have the peace in knowing that I'm not on my own and God's strength and peace will surpass my thoughts and actions. Wow, how beautiful it is to know that Jesus Christ died for our sins and cares for and loves us so much. 

Draw near to Him. He can heal you from whatever brokenness you may be dealing with, no matter how strong of bondage it has on you and your life. We serve an amazing, gracious God.

<>< I Surrender
 

2 comments:

  1. Sasha I love this and it is so beauitful and I am praying for you... continue to remain in the vine... apart from the vine we can do nothing... I pray that you grow so much through this and that others including myself will come to recognize our need to rely and find our beauty in Christ..."beauty is fleeting .. but a WOMAN who fears the Lord is to be praised."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erica for your encouraging words and support! I love you and thanks for your prayers :)

    ReplyDelete